Marion and Auguste married by Rev T.B. McClean on 17 July 1894 at Christ Church in Wanganui. Auguste was a French surveyor. Marion was about 24 at the time of her marriage, and Auguste was around 31 years of age. The marriage notice in the Wanganui Chronicle notes that Auguste was the son of the late L.A. Soufflot. Auguste's father (also called Auguste Louis) had died in 1889 at the age of 67, putting his birth date, in France at around 1822.
Marion and Auguste had a number of children following their marriage:
1. Eldest son Louis Mortimer Soufflot was born in 1895
2. Only daughter Evelyn Blanche Soufflot was born on 12 February 1900. In 1922 she married Frank Woodward. Evelyn died on 8 June 1988.
3. Next son Norman Frank Massena Soufflot was born on 13 July 1901
4. Third son Percival Leslie Soufflot was born in 1904
5. Youngest son Frederick Kenneth Soufflot was born on 25 July 1909
Auguste died on 15 July 1919 at Wanganui. At the time of his death, he and Marion had been living in Ohakune. Auguste was 56 years old at the time of this death. An obituary appeared soon after his death, in the Wanganui Chronicle:
Marion died on 23 May 1961 at the Raetihi Hospital.