7. Thomas Avery (1858 - 8 June 1940). Thomas married Ann Hall (1859 - 7 December 1922) in 1884. This couple are recorded as being Anglican on burial records - they are buried at the Mangatainoka Cemetery. They had the following children:
8. Ellen "Mary" Avery (15 October 1860 - 19 March 1941). Mary married David Brown in 1884. Ellen was known as "Mary" and is buried under this name in the Mangatainoka Cemetery. Mary and David had the following children:
9. Eliza Avery (1861). Eliza married William Brown in 1884. I'm unsure when they died, but all their children lived to grand old ages - possibly because most of them never married??
12. Deborah Grace Avery (1866 - 24 October 1950). Died aged 84, unmarried. Buried with her niece Lillian Brechin and niece's family at Mangatainoka Cemetery.
14. Alfred 'Fred' Avery (1869 - 1927). I don't believe Fred ever married.
"A bud the Gardener gave us,
a pure and lovely child,
he gave it to our keeping,
to cherish undefiled.
But just as it was opening,
to the glory of the day,
down came the heavenly gardener
and took our bud away."
The family was living at Konini, Pahiatua at the time of this child's death.