1. Jane Rhodes (30 January 1840 - 12 July 1918) - came to New Zealand and married Albert Walter Jones (1840 - May 1909). Died on 12 July 1918, in her 79th year. At the time of her death lived at 2 Onslow Road, Mount Eden. Had two married daughters at her death and was a widow. Albert was a shoemaker and he and Jane were in New Zealand by December 1884.
2. Charles Rhodes (15 September 1841 - 17 October 1861)
3. Mark Rhodes (15 May 1844 - 30 September 1853)
Following his first wife's death, George married Mary Readmon (1820 - 1898) of Whitby, Yorkshire, England.
4. George Rhodes (1849, York, England - 24 August 1932) married Louisa Mary Stephenson (daughter of Henry Acey and Ann Stephenson nee Dry who had married in 1847 in Hull, England) (1851 - 14 June 1929). They had a family of eight children - four boys and four girls. See here.
6. Mary Ann/Marion Rhodes (13 October 1853, Leeds, England - 23 July 1949, Papakura, Auckland) married Robert William Keals (1847 - 1925) in 1876. Robert Keals was an architect in Auckland and owned farms in Onewhero and Papakura. See here.
7. Hannah Rhodes (16 February 1855, Tasmania - 27 July 1894, Te Aroha) married Frank George Evans in 1886. See here.
8. Francis Rhodes (16 November 1857, Tasmania - 23 July 1858, Tasmania)
9. Frances Rhodes (11 July 1860, Tasmania - 3 March 1865, Tasmania)
10. Joseph Rhodes (31 October 1862, Auckland, NZ - 9 March 1892, Ballarat, Australia). News of Joseph's premature death was spread by way of an obituary in the 21 April 1892 edition of the Auckland Star, as follows:
George was a builder/joiner and worked from his arrival in Auckland around 1862. He built various buildings in Auckland, including the historic Bank of New Zealand Building on Queen Street.
He died suddenly in 1883 at the age of 67. His death and consequent inquest (inquests in those days were held very soon after death - in this case, the following day) were reported upon in the 9 February 1883 editions of the New Zealand Herald and the Auckland Star, respectively, as follows: